The Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Carmel
When it’s time for spring cleaning or your Carmel apartment really looks grubby, a good cleaning can have it looking its best again. It’s not difficult to get overburdened when trying to do more than you can handle at one time. To make straightening up your apartment less stressful, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel tenants.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Complete these chores in each area of your place before addressing rooms individually to be as efficient as possible. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Dust places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe down your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Dust or launder window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Vacuum or mop floors and remove stains.
- Before you put away your duster, get the slats and any hard-to-reach spots of your ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Use a vacuum attachment to remove hair if pets are present.
- Dust tabletops, bookshelves, and other flat surfaces.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Ensure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are situated close by.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
- Brush loose crumbs off your surfaces and pay attention to sticky spots.
- Clean chair legs and backs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a glass-cleaning product on your glass furniture.
- Use a soft duster to address display shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
- Give the cabinets a wipe with soapy water on a cloth and quickly follow behind with a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down counters with a cleaning product suitable for the counter material or simply use white vinegar.
- Clean the sink with a mixture of water and baking soda. A few shakes of baking soda down the disposal will aid in removing odors. Follow it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Run the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar in the top rack. Wipe out inside and out with a clean cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the dampened air loosen up stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- You can remove and wash stove drip pans in a sink. Spray the door to your oven and stovetop with an appropriate product or equal parts household vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Abide by the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or simply use baking soda and water to clean it out.
- Use a food-safe cleaning product or vinegar and water to clean the fridge inside and out; then wipe away whatever’s left with a wet rag. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
- Clean your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a clean rag.
- Clean counters with the right product for your material or use a water and vinegar mix on a clean rag.
- Wash off cabinetry with mild soap followed a damp cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off the exterior surfaces of the toilet with disinfectant or vinegar.
- Scrub the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
- Straighten up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a duster for flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Launder the bedding.
- Pick up any errant dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper.
- Use a vacuum attachment to dust under the bed.
Find Your Next Apartment At One One Six Apartments
A clean place to live adds to your comfort, but sometimes you would be better off with a new apartment altogether. Explore the roomy, well-appointed apartments at One One Six Apartments. Contact our leasing team at 317-350-1941 or arrange a tour to view your options.