If you’re searching for an apartment, you’ll notice different types of apartment buildings in Carmel. Almost all can be placed into these classifications: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which kind of building is the right choice? Evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of each one will help you figure out what type of apartment you would like to live in.
The Pros And Cons Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings usually have at least ten stories. You’ll see them in downtown areas where their elevation allows them to accommodate a fair number of occupants within a modest footprint. Individuals who appreciate residing in high-rise apartments pick them due to the following:
- High-rise buildings offer the best views of Carmel.
- Convenient locations in the middle of the city just a short walk to shopping, various eateries, and attractions. Many high-rises also have eating options or shops on their ground floor.
- They may reduce your travel time if you work or go to school in the area.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so you won’t be required to climb a staircase.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants reside in the same place. This may promote a more meaningful feeling of community as you talk in the halls or when using the elevator. You might also get the luxury of a doorman or concierge.
Even with its distinct perks, habitating in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Coming home to a downtown high-rise is enjoyable and lively for many, but odds are you won’t appreciate it if you prefer tranquility and natural surroundings. Departing for the day might also take a little longer when residing in a tall building, and an urban center may have a limited amount of nearby parking spots. As a final note, high-rise apartments are often smaller to pack more homes into a set amount of space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When considering different types of apartment buildings in Carmel, low-rise or also known as garden-style options are the opposite ofhigh-rises. They usually feature no more than four floors and are situated in suburban neighborhoods. You normally have multiple low-rise buildings within one complex with an abundance of space around them.
So why should you consider a low-rise over other types of apartment buildings in Carmel?
- Low-rise properties contain more residences on the ground floor, providing simpler entry to and exit from the building.
- Low-rise buildings usually boast more [parking spaces for Residents and visitors.
- There’s extra exterior space to explore if you have a pet or an inclination for nature views past your window in lieu of a hectic city street.
- You’ll come home to the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share common areas and hallways with less people and have more solitude.
However, not all people wants these advantages. If you prefer the buzz and nightlife of urban living, a quiet suburban low-rise building won’t suit you. Contingent on where you go to school or work, you may encounter an excessive drive from your low-rise apartment too.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings feature a minimum of five and max of nine levels. You’ll notice them in both downtown and residential areas, so they incorporate the benefits of other types of apartment buildings in Carmel:
- If you find a mid-rise apartment in the suburbs, you’ll benefit from a peaceful place and outdoor space combined with the camaraderie of habitating in a more populated building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the urban area of Carmel, you won’t encounter as many occupants as a high-rise but you can still relish in bustling city life.
Still Not Sure What Kind Of Apartment Building You Prefer? Come See Beautiful One One Six Apartments
At One One Six Apartments, we combine a beautiful property with a desirable location to give you a wonderful place to come home to. Call 317-350-1941 or arrange a tour to see our roomy apartments and sought-after amenities for yourself.