How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Carmel
Remote work is here to stay for many professionals, whether you live in a multi-bedroom house or a studio apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the benefit of an extra bedroom to serve as your home office, but you may still fashion a worthy place to work. Review these simple suggestions and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in Carmel.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Carmel
- Pick an appropriate desk. Selecting a desk of the right size to accommodate your space is vital. If you use a laptop, your desk only has to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your work surface should be around 28 inches off the floor and could be as wide as you have space for. Be sure you have space for an extra monitor. You'll be thankful you have it when you have PDFs up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really tight on square footage? Consider a two-tier foldable desk you can put away when you’re not using.
- Where might your desk go? If you can tuck your desk into a corner, terrific! But you might have to get more inventive when arranging. A slim desk might be situated directly behind a couch. You might incorporate a small area rug and lamp to help define the location as your home office. An empty wall in your room will also work nicely. Put up some art or intermix a plant or two so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for more than a desk. Move it beside your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t use a desk at all and work from your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Install floating shelves. These additions work nicely when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have more room for whatever you need and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s particular aesthetic.
Need A Change Of Pace? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like another option in your own living quarters? Incorporate a small standing desk to alter your perspective and improve circulation. An affordable adjustable laptop stand may help get your computer at the right height.
Here are some additional space-conserving things you can implement in your small apartment home office in Carmel:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit beneath the table
- Small storage containers you can stick to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud kids and roommates
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At One One Six Apartments
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at One One Six Apartments. We have a range of available floor plans to suit your needs for living and working. Request a tour of our Carmel property or reach out to us at 317-350-1941 if you want additional information.